November 10, 2007 - Memphis

day of the dead

That was more fun than anything I've done or been involved with in as long as I can remember.

Could be because its Memphis; could be because this group of musicians are just in it for the music and the fun... they are great players and great people...

Please see regular old Punk Turns 30 for why I think Memphis is the punk rock capital of the USA...

In Memphis, they just think I'm the last of the International Playgirls (hats off to Morrissey...) but, let me break it to you all...

at 2:30 in the morning, after coming back from a rock show where a couple of my favorite musicians have made guest appearances, redeeming an ordinary night's entertainment... I return not to a party house full of champagne and beautiful people... but to my computer.

I am making posters for the shows I have lined up through December and emailing them to the promoters in Houston and Atlanta. I'm making handbills for the shows too. I'm responding to interviews via email, and I'm searching the interweb for bargain airfares during the peak of holiday travel. Yesterday, I packed up all my art for the next two shows (Houston and Los Angeles) and mailed the prints off to their respective destinations. I can't tell you how thrilled I am with the help I got from Eric Friedl and his magic postage meter, saving me a trip to the post office

Sorry to shatter your fantasy projections... but my life isn't all that different from yours. I WORK 24/7 it seems... I usually have a cat or a dog at my side, and they are the best company. I love pets more than people sometimes. They are the best companions. They will give you undying love and devotion in exchange for food and a pat on the head. And except for the occasional request to throw a ball or toy for them to catch or fetch... they keep to themselves and leave you alone... and yet, you're together, keeping each other company... but respecting each other's boundaries. Ain't nothing like a pet! So if I ever tell you that I love you like I love my dog... that's a good thing. It means you have made a favorable impression and we could probably be friends for life